Researches state that we normally spend one-third of our lives sleeping. This helps the body to recover from all the strain and stress of our day to day activities. It is important to wake up fresh so as to remain active throughout the day. Hence having a comfortable mattress becomes extremely important for a good night’s sleep. One can find an array of mattresses available today in the market like southerland mattress that makes for a great sleeping space. There are many factors that should be taken into consideration while choosing a mattress. This is important because a good mattress not only effects your sleep but also your overall health.
When is the right time to change the mattress?
Many of us use the warranty of the mattress as a benchmark to determine if it should be changed or not. But is this actually an accurate parameter? The answer is no because the top comfort layer tends to wear out earlier than the inner core causing sleepless nights. This also depends upon the frequency of usage as well. Look for the following signs to know if it is about time to change the mattress.
- The age of your existing mattress plays an important role. If a mattress is more than 7 years old its time to change.
- If you do not feel fresh while waking up in the morning it implies you are not having a comfortable sleep. Waking up with aches and pains is also a warning sign.
- If other places feel more comfortable to sleep than your bed, it is time to think about changing the mattress.
- If you find a noticeable sag in the upper layer of the mattress, it has reached the level of wear and would affect the quality of your sleep.
- If you find signs of skin and dust allergies check if there are any possible insects or termites.
How to Choose a Good Mattress?
Choosing the perfect mattress is important from the health point of view. Hence there is a certain criterion to be followed while buying one.
- Be it a hybrid, memory foam or a latex mattress each of them has a definitive lifespan. If you feel it is past the time and a change is required to go for it.
- The next and the very important step is to determine your budget. There is a rule of thumb that should be practiced in terms of the budget. High price does not always mean higher quality and also never jump to buy the cheapest of the lot. It is important to compare prices both online and offline before you make a final decision. You might find a similar mattress online at a much lower price.
- Determine the type and material of the mattress that suits your requirements. The different types of mattress available today are innerspring, latex, memory foam, hybrid, adjustable and pillow top.
- Next consider the brand of the mattress as well. Check for the reviews of the brands online before making a decision. Southerland mattress today is one of the widely used brands that has garnered some good reviews.
- Lastly, it is important to consider your body type and weight as well. It will help you determine if you require more support or a thicker mattress.Picking a new mattress can be a daunting task but keeping the above checklist handy can make the job simpler.